Thursday 5 March 2009

Blogger's Block

So I have been putting off this first post because I’m not really sure what I'm doing and where I'm going with this. It also seems to reflect my current progress with work. Like my work, which involves writing about two very different things about which i have no idea, this blog is perhaps another overambitious attempt to address the main projects (or passions) in my life: Early Modern Literature, woodworking, and Eastern thought/martial arts. Hmm...Perhaps sorting out blogger's block will alleviate the writer's block, or dissertationitis.
After trawling the net for work and pleasure, I have been following some fantastic woodworking blogs. I also discovered many academic blogs. Part of the problem with working on something like Hooker (in addition to people thinking you're a perv), is that there are very few people to talk to. If you work on Milton, there are probably too many people talking. I was delighted to see a post on Richard Hooker in 2009! Doug Stowe's work and meditation on woodworking was another answer to my quest for meditations on woodworking. So I'm not really sure where I come in. What is certain is that there is a comunity of people eager to share ideas and help one another to grow, or at least to have some food for thought.



3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere, Naomi!
    That's a very cool play on words--masoret.
    And you do look exceedingly scholarly in your photo. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kari! You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get instant access to 16,000 woodworking sketches.

    Teds Woodworking has over 16,000 woodworking plans with STEP BY STEP instructions, drawings and blueprints to make all projects easy and simple.

    ReplyDelete